As a dispatcher, you are in charge of engaging and following up on our own truck drivers, possibly combined with chartering truckers in peak periods. At our dispatch department, you are an important link within a 5-person team of planners.
- You will be required to collect data from the site managers and coordinate site requirements in sync with priorities and available resources.
- You schedule lorries and cranes, including their drivers/operators, on a daily basis and guarantee optimum staffing of the right people and rolling stock for each site. To do so, we have an extensive fleet of vehicles and machines at our disposal. You will primarily be scheduling the use of our own trucks, but you will also take care of hiring extra machines if necessary.
- You coordinate with production plants and warehouses in terms of raw materials and materials needed for the sites.
- You play a key role in communicating with site management, transporters and subcontractors about the planning of the next days and weeks.
- You work closely with the other dispatchers, HR, the garage and other departments.
- You are responsible for the correct administration of personnel and resources in the planning tool, you follow up the division of labour and make adjustments where necessary.
You report to your logistics manager.
- Safety First: safety is always your top priority, for yourself and for others!
- Ideally, you have a few years of experience as a transport planner.
- You preferably have knowledge of and affinity with tippers, container and crane trucks.
- You have sufficient geographical knowledge and have some experience with exceptional transport.
- You are a true team player, flexible and eager to learn.
- You have a hands-on mentality and always show initiative.
- You are punctual and you are comfortable using a PC.
- You speak and write perfect Dutch and can also express yourself well in French.
- You can handle a considerable amount of stress, without this weighing down on your work or your life outside work.
- If schedules are occasionally altered, you will be telling people in the evening ‘what a diversified job you have’.
- You radiate ‘enthusiasm’, your glass is always half full.
Viabuild offers a challenging job with responsibility in an attractive and fast-growing environment in the construction industry. The position enables you to use your own initiative and learn on the job. You will be joining a steady company built around a successful team, with plenty of career development opportunities, in a pleasant working atmosphere founded on open communication.
We offer an attractive salary package that matches your experience, profile and skills. In addition, we offer a wide range of fringe benefits.
Do you want more information about this vacancy? Please contact us via +32 3 206 25 00 or on email@example.com.
Are you our next team member?
Then fill in the form below!
Send to a friend!
Do you know the perfect person for the job?
Then let that person know!