Director for Wegenbouw Vlaanderen (Road Construction Flanders)
As Director for Wegenbouw Vlaanderen, you are responsible for organising the day-to-day operations, expanding the unit’s activities profitably and achieving the objectives set in the field of road construction and sewerage works.
- Determines the business unit’s objectives and budget together with the COO.
- Responsible for the planning, organisation, coordination and follow-up of the business unit’s activities and ensures that people and resources are deployed efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible for achieving the objectives and proposed KPIs.
- Ensures a safe working environment, sets an example and propagates the safety culture in an active and inspiring way.
- Critically monitors the implementation of projects, both in terms of quality and costs; coordinates planning and controls preparation.
- Supervises and supports the project leaders and assists them in the field when necessary.
- Aware of the need to improve the efficiency of the department’s operations and carries out operational optimisations.
- Develops and maintains constructive discussions with customers/managing bodies, ensuring the continuity of the work.
- Conducts transparent and constructive communication with all services within the company as well as with subcontractors.
- Coaches and motivates a team of employees to achieve optimal project execution and optimisation.
As Director for Wegenbouw Vlaanderen, you report to the COO and manage a team of 120 employees. The department realises a turnover of ± €25 million.
Knowledge and experience
- Senior manager with at least 10 years of relevant experience in a managerial position at a construction or contracting company with high quality standards and strict regulations; 3 to 5 years of experience in a (final) responsible role: setting out strategic outlines and steering the day-to-day activities in the right direction operationally.
- Industrial or civil engineer.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Language skills in Dutch and a good knowledge of the French language.
- Result-oriented and convincing manager with an eye for efficiency, purposefulness and profitability.
- Leader with strong organisational skills and a hands-on mentality.
- Strong people manager who can enthuse and motivate people to give the best of themselves; supports employees in their development.
- Solid knowledge of project management and process improvement.
- Good level of analytical thinking; can identify sticking points, draw up a concrete action plan and develop improvement proposals.
- Is communicative, open and transparent.
Viabuild offers you the opportunity to achieve your professional goals in a stimulating and fast-growing environment within the construction industry. The position offers the opportunity to further expand and professionalise the Business Unit. A challenging job with real responsibilities within a winning team.
We offer an attractive salary package that is commensurate with your experience, profile and skills. In addition, numerous fringe benefits are offered.
Wil je meer informatie over deze vacature? Neem dan contact op met ons via +32 3 206 25 00 of via email@example.com.
Are you our next team member?
Send to a friend!
Do you know the perfect person for the job?
Then let that person know!