Site Supervisor Civil Engineering (Antwerp/Brussels)
As site manager, you organise the sites from start to finish with the utmost attention to safety and quality. You work closely with the project manager, foreman, workers and subcontractors.
- You identify the duties, equipment and other client requirements based on the specifications.
- You organise the site in consideration of the health & safety of all parties involved; you monitor the safety procedures and ensure that they are respected. You bring these procedures to the attention of the workforce.
- You direct the workers, follow up on and manage the sub-contractors and the company’s own employees, and issue clear and simply instructions.
- You are responsible for the works planning, and giving direction and instructions to the site teams.
- You explain the technical execution of the work to be carried out.
- You order the relevant supplies to ensure continuity of the works.
- You must be capable of setting out and putting in levels, with or without the survey department, to ensure the continuous flow of the Works.
- You inspect the progress of the work, taking into account the specifications and planning drawn up.
- You check the quality of the work delivered.
- You take care of the necessary administrative tasks on a daily basis.
- You keep an eye on profitability margins and take action as and when necessary.
- You help to find optimisations and draw up a commercial plan.
- You head up meetings to discuss the works at the site.
- You monitor the progress of projects, compare the progress made against the planning schedule and take remedial action where necessary.
You report to the Project manager.
- Ideally you graduated as an industrial engineer (construction engineering) and/or have already garnered some work experience.
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- You must have practical, technical and spatial abilities.
- You will use your leadership qualities on a daily basis and keep up the morale of your teams.
- You have a due sense of responsibility, are able to operate on a self-reliant basis.
- You have an eye for detail and are flexible in dealing with multiple duties.
- You work in a structured and meticulous way.
- You are well versed in administrative tasks.
- You are adaptable in terms of travel distance and working hours.
- You have a good command of Dutch. French is a plus.
- You are motivated and eager to learn.
Viabuild offers a challenging job with responsibility in an attractive and fast-growing environment in the construction industry. The position enables you to use your own initiative and learn on the job. You will be joining a steady company built around a successful team, with plenty of career development opportunities, in a pleasant working atmosphere founded on open communication.
We offer an attractive salary package that matches your experience, profile and skills. In addition, we offer a wide range of fringe benefits.
Do you want more information about this vacancy? Please contact us via +32 3 206 25 00 or on email@example.com.
Are you our next team member?
Then fill in the form below!
Send to a friend!
Do you know the perfect person for the job?
Then let that person know!